Searching for an effective article marketing strategy that you can use to provide ample links from authority websites? Article marketing serves multiple purposes and is an ideal method for strengthening your websites’ search engine visibility. If your tired of performing SEO from a one dimensional perspective, adding article marketing to your internet marketing arsenal is an absolute must. In addition to being absolutely free, it is one of the most powerful contextual marketing tools ever devised.
The Premise of Article Marketing
Are you aware that there are hundreds of websites that accept article submissions that you can post on virtually any topic under the sun?. If your website is starving for links or worse yet, traffic, this is one sure-fire method to create systematic spikes in visitors and sales conversion with the ability to funnel the traffic to your most relevant pages. Did I mention, it was absolutely free?
One way to find websites that accept submissions is through using Google or any reputable search engine worth it’s salt and typing “submit articles” in quotes in the search query box. This will return thousands of websites that you can use to get started.
To find a more specific query, like anything else, just use a more specific query like “submit SEO articles” or “submit cooking articles” for example. So now that you have your list, you need to actually sit down and get cracking on your new masterpiece.
Personally, I try to keep articles informative with a how to approach to pique interest and have a word count of 800-1500. Each ezine has specific guidelines in regarding their article requirements and clearly posts them in the article submission guidelines. In order to save yourself the time of having to wait a week or more, only to have to make revision, it’s better to read and familiarize yourself with the rules and terms and conditions. Another idea is, conduct a search on their website for related topics and peruse through a few just to get the gist or the writing style the publishers are already keen on.
Typically, things like no blatant promotional language can be used in article body, or links to other sites for example are not permissible in the article itself. There is a place for that in the resource box, which is where you can use promotional anchor text with the strongest relevance for your website such as Bob so an so is the founder of blah blah blah company specializing in Seo Web Design, etc. Usually you can post up to 2 links in the resource box, however each article directory differs, so it never hurts to breeze through the guidelines.
Article marketing represents one of the most effective ways to position and maintain long-term placement for your website in the SERPs. One reason is;
a) The Ezine or website linking to you has a tremendous amount of authority, links and online presence so right away your link / page in the resource box gets a big plus added to it’s trust rank.
b) As a result of the contextual topic of the page with the perfect link at the bottom pointing at your site, once again your website gets some link love, particularly with the phrase in the link. By all means, never use “click here” as the text in the link, unless you want to rank for it. Use the link wisely and use a term/keyword that is in the title to provide added weight to your rankings. Think of it like this, if your title has the keyword you want optimized, you use it contextually throughout the article tactfully, and it is at the bottom of the article, you have just created the perfect link from an authority site. Once the article gets published (depending on the website) an RSS feed usually syndicates it throughout the web, which can result in dozens or hundreds of backlinks from other sites. All in accordance with how search engines like to see one way linking occur (based on content and merit).
To summarize, if you have performed each of these components successfully then you are well on your way to traffic, website authority and sustained search engine placement.
1. Identified the ideal phrase for your title and premise for the article. If your stumped, try using Wordtracker or another keyword discover tool to find the latest buzz words with existing traction in search engines for your industry, Overture is another free alternative for keyword discovery, regardless of which one you use, just try to find keywords that have 50-100 search results per day. If you weave 2-3 of those phrases in your article, then you can expect to be found based on semantics alone after the indexing process in search engines.
2. Written read, and re-read your article looking for grammatical errors or misspelled words. One slip up or typo and there goes your hard work as you appear amateurish at best from lack of editorial prowess. Try to keep the length within a cozy 500-800 words so it is brief and piques the interest of the reader to explore reading more about the topic (perfect link bait for your website) so don’t put them to sleep or your article will be another victim of the click & run epidemic plaguing millions of clueless websites with questionable content.
3. Added your links using HTML in the author’s resource box using your main keywords for the anchor text in the link (the text the comprises the link).
Once you have accomplished this, you are ready to lock and load and publish your article, granted you may have to resolve editorial snags depending on the editors, in which case, they will contact you via email to let you know what needs attention in order for the article to go live.
How do you track the results to see how popular your article is?
That’s easy enough, remember the link operator we used earlier when you needed to find websites? Use the quotes “with the title of the article inside” like so, and anyone who has published your article will show up, due to the exact match in the title based on the “quotes”.
It usually takes a few days for the search engines to index the new content and assign it in the SERPs, not to mention it usually gets syndicated over RSS feeds throughout the web. As a result, you should see links rolling in over the course of weeks or sometimes months, depending on the strength of the topic, supply and demand for the information you outlined in the article.
Make sure the title summarizes the article, yet serves as link bait as well. The whole idea is to have as many people reading, perusing and linking as possible, so lackluster titles are out. Also keep in mind that the more terms you use in the title, the more diluted each word becomes, so be creative, but keep the long term goal in mind.
What is the long term goal for long term article marketing?
1) Website Authority. Over time you will be viewed as an expert or authority in your field. This alone can result in Wikipedia like VIP treatment in search engines for any search queries remotely associated with the subject matter of your content.
2) High Page Rank Backlinks - Posting from web 2.0 sites or websites with high page rank like Promotion World, Digital Web or Ezinearticles is like getting a free link with no strings attached. Not to mention that if you utlize the title of the article properly by employing a “search friendly phrase” you can enjoy high click through rates comparable to a press release or other type of highly visible paid advertisement, free of charge for weeks or months, depending on the competition for the keywords used.
3) Quality One Way Links - Another added bonus for writing articles is the ability to amass tons of backlinks to your website. As an example, One article we submitted was republished over 700 times within a few weeks, and the great thing is, you control the anchor text in the link. So, make sure you use your best key phrase in the author’s resource box, since this will become your greatest asset using this free internet marketing method.
Deep linking from the resource box to one of your pages with the highest relevance within your website. In case you are not sure which page is the most relevant in contrast to your key phrase, use the following command in Google, “search term / main keywords” www.yourdomain.com and hit return, the page with the highest relevance from your site will be the first in the returned results. This way you link to the page with the strongest on page factors, which may not always be your home page.
4) Sales and Conversion – This tactic is great for genrating qualified leads to your website. When people are searching for topics online, if you use the strategies laid out in this article, you will be well positioned and capable of competing with websites or high search volume terms you may have never have achieved without this method. The end result, through this type of piggyback SEO positioning you will be in front of thousands of visitors with click-happy trigger fingers, just waiting to see a headline that piques their interest.
This type of third party referral and traffic from other websites publishing your article is an endorsement which is a great way to encourage trust. If your writing style is engaging enough, they will click the resource box, investigate your website and the sales pitch has already warmed up the close on your behalf.
Just think of each article as a salesman promoting on your behalf. As a whole the benefits are tremendous, and not to mention FREE, all it takes is time, creativity and execution like most things, but the upside is tremendous.
Article marketing works beautifully in tandem to other search engine optimization, so the idea is to publish 2-3 article per week staggered through different networks with unique topics and anchor text in the resource box. Many top 10 search engine results are cemented in this way. No need for SEO, just publish an article and link to the page you want to boost. Granted if the story is a hit, you should see the remnants in the SERPs for a long time to come, unless someone else is employing a similar tactic.
Speaking of articles, here is our latest on www.Ezinearticles.com called Warning: Reading This Article Can Result in Phenomenal Search Engine Positioning
If you enjoyed this, consider linking to our SEO blog,socializing it, or reading further about related topics.
So what are your waiting for, now that you have the secret (who, what, where, when and how) to building links and authority through article marketing, it’s time to get busy and start publishing, today.