With all of the hype rattling millions of inboxes’ as of late regarding the latest breakthrough, revolutionary search engine dominating, server taxing traffic tips and groundbreaking money-making secrets.
I will save you the opt in form and provide a free “how to” post on this simple, “get free stuff” affiliate marketing strategy.
With this simple and effective technique, you can leverage the power of authority sites that allow you to post content to deliver visitors to your satellite sites (test sites) to screen prospects across multiple keyword variations that would take you months to acquire on your own with a budget and SEO strategy.
This method involves using prominent web 2.0 properties which have the capability to rank on a title tag alone to test the waters of conversions which you can then funnel to your authority site.
If the traffic yields a response and you achive conversions, then you know the keyword is worth optimizing for your primary web property.
1. write an article and submit to ezinearticles and use an exact match 3 word key phrase with substantial traffic.
2. Set up concern-qualifying, bullet-list rich, benefit / solution oriented Squeeze page that slices, dices and even works on Sunday.
3. Build a few links to the page (from social bookmarks to get the page indexed quickly) while providing suitable citation for that page to remain buoyant over time.
4. Give away something free in exchange for a name and email address (you can find tons of free digital products online that have resell rights) or create your own value proposition as an action / reward modality.
5. Set up auto-responders with email messages to “drip” on prospects who opted in (send messages to coerce you into clicking and / or purchasing).
6. Incorporate affiliate links into offers in the autoresponder messages sending traffic to other affiliate offers.
7. Rinse and repeat.
Is this something I would do? Not really, as I consider this parasite SEO, but it is an effective method for testing the waters of conversion and generating traffic which is just as important as search engine result page positioning (which creates traffic on the target domain).
Both are a means to an end, so depending on your resources or morals, you could replicate this tactic across multiple aggregate keywords to carve out a lucrative number of mini sites and auto pilot squeeze pages.
Personally, we prefer building authority sites (such as seodesignsolutions.com) which can rank for keywords as a result of a post or two with millions of competing pages.
As a matter of fact, by the time you read this, we should be ranking for the key phrase “affiliate marketing strategies“, which was the point of this 509 word exercise – to bump a hollow page from the SERPs using this very tactic.
Not to say that strategies like this are not cashing and making people money day in and day out (which is the objective for most), its just a matter of viability, content quality and moral turpitude, or what you consider testing the waters of conversion.