There are some modifiers used for SEO that have a ability to grab the readers attention and do not not let it go. For example “How to” posts have some of the highest reader engagement and viral appeal online, but why?
Is it because the are quite simply the most direct and to the point type of information transaction that occurs based on expectation and delivery? or the fact they they tend to offer instant gratification through knowledgeable action?
How to is like making a promise, so just make sure the content delivers. It doesn’t matter if it is a list of 3 things you can do to “solve the problem” or a monster list of 100 useful tips and tactics. The only thing it MUST do is what it claims.
Regardless of why this modifier is so popular, here are a few How To posts on SEO and all things related to use as examples for crafting content that has curb appeal for readers.
How to Use How To Posts to Increase Traffic:
Below are links to some of our most trafficked pages, why, because they had “How To” in them as the hook or call to action.
- How To Use Action Words to Increase Traffic and Reader Response
- How To Create a Self Sufficient SEO Site
- How to Use the Google Adwords Keyword Suggestion Tool for Gap Analysis
- How to Increase Relevance using Consistent Naming Conventions, Tags, Site Architecture and Links
- How to Build Links and Optimize your Website for Multiple Keywords
- How to Improve Search Engine Placement and Develop Authority for Your Website
- How to Optimize New Web Pages
- How to Extend your Keyword Empire in 3 Simple Steps!
- How to Develop Domain Authority With Deep Links
- How to Evaluate an SEO Company for Services
The examples above provide the gist, the point being, you can craft a “How To Post” for virtually any market or niche. So, what are you waiting for, there are always people searching for great content and the How To Hook is a great way to find them, or similarly have a new visitor find you.