10 SEO Tips to Triple Keyword Visibility
Creating keyword stemming (the ability to have a page returned for multiple results) is accomplished easily through using synonyms and alternative keywords for inbound and internal links.
SEO Tips to Triple Keyword Visibility
To promote this SEO tactic simply:
- Map out the keyword cluster that best corresponds to the root phrase.
- Make sure the initial keyword is utilized once in the first 25 words of the document.
- Contextually integrate the secondary keyword 1-2 times into the page.
- Make sure the page has 500-750 word min. so that search engines have enough context to identify the pages primary and secondary topic.
- Use both the singular keyword variation and the alternative variation in the title if possible (or in the title+meta tag) – such as keyword1 in title, and keyword 2 (singular or plural in meta data).
- Build internal links using the alternative keyword variations to supply the foundation of link flow.
- Build inbound anchor text to the page (from other relevant pages) with the alternate variations of phrases you want the target page to rank for ( i.e. rates, pricing, fees, prices, cost) as an example of semantic stemming.
- Wait for all the changes to get indexed.
- Continue building internal and external inbound links until the page reaches the top 10 for one keyword, then reduce the inbound links for that keyword and focus on alternative variables so all the keywords are sufficiently nurtured.
- Enjoy stemmed keyword rankings over time.
This works particularly well in the event that you are optimizing an array of keywords based on a semantic cluster (group of related words) and wish to use the synergy they create to provide buoyancy across multiple keywords simultaneously.
This simple, yet effective SEO technique can represent the difference between ranking for 10 keywords, 100 keywords or 1,000 over time, depending on how you scale this process across multiple pages in your domain.
Read More Related Posts
Today's SEO tip is about using citation and search modifiers to find creative solutions for link building. Citation (a websites footprint or popularity matrix) is a prominent principle used by ...READ MORE
The difference between trying to rank a new website or stagnant website that lacks topical depth, content, links or trust vs. flinging keywords effortlessly to page one within ten minutes ...READ MORE
Today’s post is about 20 things you either forgot or never knew about SEO, including behind the scenes insights covering SEO techniques and tactics and how they all relate in ...READ MORE
Have you ever checked Google and your most cherished SEO ranking was missing in action? Even more disturbing, there is some unforeseen new website or several new sites in your ...READ MORE
Often you hear people say, "if I only knew then what I know now", and how things would be different if I could have applied the pearls of wisdom from ...READ MORE
To kick-off the new year in style, we would like to share a few useful and practical SEO tips for 2011. Each keyword should be carefully considered as a business ...READ MORE
Planning is just as big a part of SEO as execution. If a flaw is present in either, the website pays the price. Built within the fabric of the SEO ...READ MORE
If you own a small-business, and find yourself looking for SEO basics or tips and tactics to rank your website, then here are some pointers to set you in the ...READ MORE
What’s the difference between a new website and a powerhouse domain ranking for competitive keyword-specific rankings? The answer, SEO, content, time and links… First, you start with keyword research, this includes ...READ MORE
Lets face it, SEO Positioning is important. The top 3 results on any given search represent 80% of the traffic funneling to those pages. Call it convenience by association, laziness ...READ MORE
SEO Tips for Link Building and Directory Submissions
Can You Rank in Minutes vs. Months?
20 SEO Tips You Either Forgot or Didn’t
SEO Tips for Getting Back to Page 1
SEO Principles and the Wisdom of Applied SEO
SEO Tips for Using the SEO Ultimate Competitive
SEO Tips to Start Your New Website