What is the real value of aged pages in a website and what SEO value do they pose to present tense endeavors? Legacy pages have the ability to leverage current search engine result pages in a number of ways.
Initially, pages and posts can be re-purposed i.e. redesigned to embrace new offers, new links, or used in tandem with new landing pages to create double rankings, or serve as hub pages (in the grand scheme of things).
In the spirit of encouraging deeper discovery and sharing gems from the past, the following posts can provide additional insights on the value of legacy content and some of the things you can do with it to enhance your existing SEO.
- SEO Tips for Retooling Legacy Content
- Creating Hybrid Staging Areas for Legacy CMS Systems
- Does your website have a content development plan?
- Sacrificing Content for Relevance Using SEO
- Building Fresh Links to Established Pages with Trust
- With SEO, Time and Authority are on Your Side
and one of my favorite posts, SEO Cause and Effect Who is Pulling the Strings covers the legacy content tactics in point #5, but there are other gems worth reading inside to round off your robust SEO efforts.
If you like what you find, pass it on to others or feel free to leave a comment. Enjoy!