Version 4.7 adds the Link Mask Generator module that enables this functionality. Thanks to Link Mask Generator, it’s a cinch to implement modern PageRank-sculpting techniques across your WordPress-powered CMS. Here’s how it works:
- When editing a post, page, or custom post type in WordPress, the Link Mask Generator scans your post content and locates the hyperlinks contained in your content.
- Next, the Link Mask Generator lists the URLs in a new “Link Masks” section of the “SEO Settings” box that SEO Ultimate adds beneath the content editor.
- From within the “Link Masks” section, you can choose whether to enable a link mask for each individual hyperlink. A link mask is a “passthrough URL.” For example, you can use link masks to turn a link to http://www.google.com into a link to http://www.your-site.tld/go/google/. When visitors go to the alias URL, they are seamlessly redirected to the original.
- If you choose to mask a link, Link Mask Generator will intercept the hyperlink’s <a> element as it’s being sent to users and search engines and will swap out the real URL with your alias URL. Link Mask Generator does this on-the-fly without altering the database version of your content.
- Link Mask Generator adds a rule to your robots.txt file that deindexes the link mask directory. This effectively stops link juice from flowing through your masked links.
Thanks to this Link Mask Generator paradigm, you can neutralize individual links on individual posts, giving you ultimate control over link juice flow on your site.
Here are a few of the ways you can use the Link Mask Generator:
- Advanced SEO types can use link masking to implement virtual theming/siloing techniques.
- Bloggers can use link masking as a modern replacement for the deprecated nofollow attribute.
- Affiliate marketers can use link masks as aliases for affiliate URLs. Instead of linking straight to http://www.affiliate-product.tld/?affiliate_id=123456, for example, you can mask that link with a URL such as http://www.your-site.tld/go/affiliate-product/.
SEO Design Solutions is proud to offer this powerful tool as yet another add-on to the popular SEO Ultimate plugin. This new offering expands the list of premium-level SEO Ultimate features not found in any other free plugin.
Link Mask Generator isn’t the only major SEO Ultimate upgrade this holiday season. The Meta Keywords Editor has also recently been updated with a mass-editor for posts, pages, and custom post types. This feature makes it easy to add meta keywords to your old content with minimal effort.
Install SEO Ultimate today to take advantage of the Link Mask Generator as well as the Deeplink Juggernaut, Rich Snippet Creator, 404 Monitor, Title Tag Rewriter, Meta Descriptions Editor, and all the other modules of this powerful SEO plugin. Just use the automated installer on the SEO Ultimate homepage or download the zip file directly from WordPress.